Aztec Chocolate Chip Cookies
The addition of chipotle adds a unique, smoky flavor to these cookies along with some heat. If you can’t find dried chipotle you may substitute cayenne pepper.
Makes: 48Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon, preferably Vietnamese
- 1⁄2 tsp. soda
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. finely chopped dried chipotle pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy.
- Mix dry ingredients together; add to butter mixture, blending well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and chipotle. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes. The cookies should be very slightly undercooked. Allow to cool on baking sheets 5 minutes before removing from pan.