Fragrant, flavorful spices swirl through this delicious dish that takes eggplant to a new extreme! Bowls of beautiful baba gannouj goodness can be made quickly and easily, and enjoyed for days!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 8 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups thinly sliced eggplant strips
- 2 cups water
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. fresh chopped parsley
- Place eggplant strips in a bowl or casserole dish and cover with water and 2 teaspoons salt. Refrigerate overnight.
- Drain the eggplant. Place the eggplant, lemon juice, tahini, garlic, cumin, black pepper, remaining salt, and paprika in a food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour mixture into a serving bowl and drizzle olive oil on top. Garnish with fresh parsley.