Babaganouj (Eggplant Dip)
Serving this with cut vegetables and/or a variety of breads makes a fine meal in itself.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 medium eggplants
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- ½ cup tahini
- 3 medium cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- 1 tsp. salt
- ¼ cup finely minced scallion
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ½ tsp. paprika
- Preheat oven to 400°F and place aluminum foil on oven bottom. Cut off the stem ends of the eggplants, wash well, and prick them all over with a fork. Place them directly on an oven rack and roast until they are sagging, crumpled, and soft (about 45 minutes).
- Remove carefully from the oven and cool until the eggplants can be handled. Scoop out the insides. Combine all other ingredients except the olive oil, sesame seeds, and paprika. Chill thoroughly.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top then sprinkle with sesame seeds and paprika before serving.