Baby Meat Loaves
Baking a meat loaf in individual servings cuts down on baking time, creates more surface area to cover with tasty sauce, and makes serving a snap.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 3 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion, peeled and diced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup 2% milk
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 lb. ground beef
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small dish, combine tomato sauce, maple syrup, and vinegar and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil and sauté onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in 1⁄4 cup of the prepared sauce; set aside to cool.
- In a large mixing bowl, add sour cream, breadcrumbs, egg, milk, parsley, mustard, salt, thyme, pepper, ground beef, and the onion mixture, and mix well. Use a 1⁄2 cup measuring cup to scoop out the meat mixture and arrange in rows on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Spoon the sauce over the meat loaves and bake for 35 to 40 minutes.