Baby Rack of Lamb with Herbed Crust
The herbs and cornmeal give a delicious flavor in this dish and are a wonderful substitution for bread crumbs.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 racks of lamb (1 1⁄2 lbs. each), trimmed
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 2 Tbsp. dried rosemary or 4 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. minced chives
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1⁄2 green onion, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat the broiler to 450°F.
- Rub the lamb with salt and pepper. Place on a broiler pan, bone-side up. Broil for 5 minutes.
- Turn and continue to broil for another 5 minutes.
- While the lamb is broiling, mix cornmeal, rosemary, parsley, chives, and garlic together in a medium bowl. Remove lamb from oven and press the mixture into the meat.
- Change the oven setting from broil to bake. Bake the lamb at 450°F for another 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cut into chops before serving.