Bacon & Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Loaded mashed potatoes – a favorite restaurant side dish – can be made easily at home. Whip up this creamy, cheesy, bacon-topped version for dinner tonight!
Serves: 6Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 pounds Yukon Gold or baking potato, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1⁄2 cup (2 oz.) shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 slices Simple Truth™ Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon, cooked and finely chopped
- In a large pot filled with water, add potatoes; bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer potatoes for 15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- In the same pot over medium-low heat, combine potatoes with milk; mash to desired consistency. Cook 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Add cheese; stir until melted. Stir in sour cream, salt and pepper. Top with green onions and bacon to serve.