Bacon and Cheese Muffins
This muffin recipe is a great way to turn cheesy scrambled eggs and bacon into a finger food!
Serves: 8Prep: 20 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 slices Simple Truth™ Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- Cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Chives, minced
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salty
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ 2% Reduced Fat Milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small skillet, cook bacon over medium-high heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels, and set aside 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Crumble bacon.
- Spray large muffin tins with cooking spray (note: if you use a small muffin tin, reduce cooking time).
- In a small skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Remove from heat and add chives.
- In a medium bowl, combine eggs and milk. Add butter/chive mixture to eggs and gently combine.
- In separate medium bowl, combine flour, 2 tablespoons of reserved bacon grease, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add to egg mixture, then add bacon and cheese. Stir to mix.
- Spoon mixture into prepared muffin tin. The mixture should be slightly thick; add milk to make mixture thinner.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until muffin tops begin to brown. Remove from oven. Remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack.