Bacon and Corn Relish
This tasty recipe pairs warm maple syrup with sweet corn and savory bacon. It’s perfect on its own, or you can use it to top burgers, hot dogs or fish!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
- 6 ounces thick cut bacon, cut into chunks
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon sage, dried chopped fresh
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat grill to medium-high.
- Place the corn on the grill. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Rotate, then spread ½ tablespoon of maple syrup over each cob. Cook 5 more minutes, and repeat cooking at 5-minute intervals, until the kernels are golden and the syrup has caramelized.
- Allow the corn to cool slightly, then slice the corn off the cob and place in a bowl.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat for 7-10 minutes. Add the onions and cook an additional 5-7 minutes. Stir in the corn and the remaining 2 tablespoons of maple syrup, and cook for 2-4 minutes.
- Remove the mixture from heat, add the sage and season with salt and pepper. Serve as desired.
- Refrigerate leftovers.