Bacon and Egg Flatbread Breakfast
Turn a traditional bacon-and-egg breakfast into a fun, handheld morning meal with this pizza-like creation.
Serves: 2Prep: 5 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 whole wheat flatbread
- 2 slices Simple Truth™ Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon
- 2 Simple Truth™ Natural Cage Free Grain Fed Grade A Large White Eggs
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese, extra for topping
- Preheat oven to 200°F.
- On baking sheet, warm flatbread in oven for 5 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- In small skillet, cook bacon over high heat until crisp. Drain on a paper towel, and when cooled, crumble. Remove all but 1 teaspoon of grease and fry eggs to desired doneness.
- To assemble: layer bacon, tomatoes, green onions and cheese. Position eggs on top and sprinkle with more cheese. Heat for about 5 minutes in oven. Cut into 4 squares to serve.