Bacon and Egg Focaccia Sandwich with Fig Jam
Focaccia bread, fig jam and fresh baby spinach take the basic bacon and egg sandwich to a new level!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 8 slices Simple Truth™ Thick Sliced Uncured Hardwood Smoked Bacon
- 1 white onion, sliced
- 4 Simple Truth Organic™ Natural Cage Free Grade A Large Brown Eggs
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons fig jam
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Spinach
- 4 focaccia rolls
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook bacon. Drain on paper-towel-lined plates. Reserve a small amount of bacon grease.
- Sauté onion for 5 minutes or until soft. Transfer to a plate; reserve skillet.
- Cook eggs in covered skillet for 2 to 4 minutes for slightly runny yolks. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Divide onion, fig jam, spinach leaves and eggs among rolls and serve.