Bacon, Apple & Sage Stuffed Chicken Breasts
This tasty chicken entrée is literally stuffed full of fall flavor!
Serves: 4Prep: 15 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 Granny Smith apple, thinly sliced
- 4 sage leaves
- 2 slices Sharp Cheddar Cheese, cut into quarters
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 slices Private Selection™ Maple Bacon
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Cut a slit in the side of each chicken breast to create a pocket. Insert a few slices of apple, 2 pieces of sage and 2 quarters of cheese. Season outside of chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Wrap each chicken breast with a slice of bacon tucking edges on the underside; place on rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F. Allow to stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
- Tip: To make bacon crispier, place under the broiler for a few minutes at the end of baking.