Bacon Cheddar Soup
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup into the pitcher of a regular blender instead. Just make sure that it’s not too hot, or you may have an explosive mess on your hands.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 1⁄2 tsp. dry mustard
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a medium skillet until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon from pan, reserving bacon grease. Return pan to heat.
- Place onions and garlic in bacon grease and sauté until translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Chop cauliflower florets into small pieces and add to onions and garlic. Sauté until tender, 7–10 minutes. Add dry mustard and black pepper and stir.
- Transfer onions, garlic, cauliflower, and bacon grease to a large stockpot. Add chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Stir all ingredients together and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Insert an immersion blender into the soup and blend until creamy. Add Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Dice bacon and use to garnish soup. Serve hot.