Bacon Cheddar Soup
If you don’t have an immersion blender, you can pour the soup into the pitcher of a regular blender instead. Just make sure that it’s not too hot, or you may have an explosive mess on your hands.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices thick-cut bacon
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- ½ tsp. dry mustard
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 cups shredded white Cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat in a medium skillet until crisp, about 10 minutes. Remove bacon from pan, reserving bacon grease. Return pan to heat.
- Place onions and garlic in bacon grease and sauté until translucent, 3–4 minutes. Chop cauliflower florets into small pieces and add to onions and garlic. Sauté until tender, 7–10 minutes. Add dry mustard and black pepper and stir.
- Transfer onions, garlic, cauliflower, and bacon grease to a large stockpot. Add chicken broth and heavy cream.
- Stir all ingredients together and bring to a boil over medium heat. Once mixture begins to boil, reduce heat to a simmer.
- Insert an immersion blender into the soup and blend until creamy. Add Cheddar cheese and Parmesan cheese and stir until melted.
- Dice bacon and use to garnish soup. Serve hot.