Bacon-Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 2 Tbsp. chopped onion
- 4 large Russet potatoes, baked
- ½ cup sour cream, divided
- ¼ cup milk
- 2 strips bacon, cooked hard and crumbled
- ⅓ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a small skillet over medium heat and cook the onion until softened, about 3 minutes. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise and scoop out the flesh, being careful to leave a shell of ¼ to ½".
- In a medium bowl, combine the potato, ⅓ cup sour cream, onion, and butter. Mash them together thoroughly, then beat by hand or with an electric mixer, adding as much milk as necessary for a smooth consistency. Potato mixture will be slightly firmer than mashed potatoes. Stir in the bacon and the cheese, and season with salt and pepper.
- Mound the mixture in the potato shells and place them on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350°F for about 30 minutes, until well heated. Drizzle with remaining sour cream.