Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Tacos
This recipe was created by America’s Test Kitchen Kids. You may have had tacos for lunch or dinner, but how about breakfast? Try these tasty tacos as a satisfying way to start your day. Safety Considerations: This recipe uses uses the stovetop, uses a knife, and uses the microwave.
Serves: 4Prep: 25 minutesCook: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Hard
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- 1 slice bacon, cut into ½-inch pieces
- 1 scallion, sliced thin
- 4 (6-inch) flour or corn tortillas
- 1⁄2 cup tomato salsa (jarred or homemade)
- 1⁄4 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- In medium bowl, whisk eggs, salt, and pepper until well combined and uniform yellow color, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook bacon over medium heat, stirring occasionally with rubber spatula until crispy, about 4 minutes.
- Stir scallion into skillet and cook until just softened, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs to skillet and gently stir, scraping bottom of skillet, until eggs have clumped and are still slightly wet, 1 to 2 minutes. Turn off heat and slide skillet to cool burner.
- Stack tortillas on microwave-safe plate, cover with damp dish towel, and heat in microwave until warm, about 20 seconds.
- Divide egg mixture among warm tortillas. Serve with salsa, cheese, and lime wedges.