Bacon, Kale and Asiago Dip
Enjoy this dip with garlic bread, chips, veggies or any other food that's sturdy enough to scoop it!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 45 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 slices Simple Truth™ Uncured Hickory Smoked Bacon, chopped
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Baby Kale, tough stems removed
- 1⁄2 medium white onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 package (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup shredded Asiago cheese
- 1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Coarse salt, to taste
- Freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Simple Truth Organic™ Ready to Bake Roasted Garlic Artisan Bread, baked and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In Dutch oven over medium-high heat, cook bacon, stirring often, 6 to 7 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towels. Reserve 1 tablespoon of drippings.
- Sauté kale, onion and garlic in hot drippings about 5 minutes or until onion is tender. Add wine and cook, stirring constantly, 1 to 3 minutes or until particles loosen from bottom of Dutch oven.
- In large bowl, stir together cream cheese and mayonnaise until smooth. Stir in Asiago and Swiss cheeses, vinegar, salt and pepper; followed by kale mixture. Spoon into a lightly greased 1 to 1½ quart baking dish.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until center is hot and cheese is melted. Let stand 5 minutes; top with bacon.
- Scoop dip into a serving bowl and serve with garlic bread slices; can also serve with chips or veggies.