Bacon Onion Jam
Serve this as an appetizer with Brie and crackers or smear it on a sandwich.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 lb. bacon, cut into small pieces
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh thyme
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄3 cup apple cider vinegar
- In medium saucepan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Add onions, sugar, thyme, salt, and pepper. Reduce heat to low and cook 15 minutes until onions are lightly browned and caramelized. Stir in vinegar and simmer 30 minutes more until mixture thickens to a jam-like consistency. Cool and serve.