Bacon and Potato Breakfast Bake
This dish combines the quintessential breakfast flavors of bacon, eggs, cheese, and potatoes into a convenient make-ahead breakfast casserole.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 lb. sliced bacon
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped (about 1⁄4 cup)
- 4 cups diced hash brown potato cubes, thawed
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Cook the bacon in a large frying pan over medium heat until browned and crispy, about 6 to 8 minutes. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Add the onions to the remaining bacon grease and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender and fragrant.
- Place the potatoes in a greased 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Layer the onions and the crumbled bacon on top.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, and pepper. Pour over the potato mixture in the pan. Cover and refrigerate overnight or for 7 to 8 hours.
- The next morning, heat the oven to 350°F and bring the casserole to room temperature. Sprinkle the cheeses evenly over the casserole. Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Allow to stand 15 minutes before cutting.