Bacon and Rice Stuffed Mushrooms
This is a delicious appetizer at brunch! You could also serve these on the side with eggs.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 16 mushrooms, 1"–1½" across, stems reserved and chopped
- 4 strips high-quality bacon
- ½ small red onion, peeled and minced
- ½ cup cooked brown rice
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Clean mushrooms and place on a baking sheet that you have prepared with a nonstick spray.
- Sauté bacon until crisp. Remove and finely chop. Add back to pan with onion and chopped mushroom stems and sauté until the onion is soft. Stir in rice. Let cool slightly and mix in the egg.
- Spoon mixture into mushrooms. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned and very hot. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.