Place curly endive, curly parsley, or cilantro on the serving plate to hold the stuffed tomatoes upright.
Serves: 32Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 32 cherry tomatoes
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 medium onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 package (3 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄3 cup grated Romano cheese
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. fresh parsley
- Cut tops off cherry tomatoes, remove seeds and jelly, and turn upside down on paper towel–lined cookie sheet.
- Cook bacon in large skillet until crisp; remove, drain, and crumble. Drain skillet; do not wipe out. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until onion starts to brown, about 12 minutes. Remove to food processor and let cool.
- Add cream cheese and mayonnaise to food processor and process until smooth. Stir in bacon, Romano cheese, and black pepper.
- Stuff cherry tomatoes with this mixture. When ready to serve, place the tomatoes in a baking dish and broil until the tops are just starting to brown. Serve warm topped with fresh parsley.