Bacon and Veggie Egg Muffins
These tasty egg “muffins” are basically mini quiches. They can be made ahead for a quick warm-up in the morning. Enjoy!
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- ½ medium sweet onion, peeled and diced
- ½ red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 3 spears asparagus, cut into 1" pieces
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup whole milk
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, sauté the diced bacon until browned and crisp, about 8 minutes. Remove to a paper towel to drain. Add the diced onion, diced bell pepper, and asparagus to the bacon grease in the pan and sauté until soft and starting to brown, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together the eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the garlic to the peppers and onions, and continue to cook for 1 minute. Remove the vegetable from the heat.
- Spoon the vegetable mixture evenly into the 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle the bacon evenly on top of the vegetables. Then pour the egg mixture evenly into each muffin cup, so that each cup is almost full.
- Bake for about 20 minutes or until set. Remove from the oven and cool. Serve warm or cool completely and refrigerate for later.