Bacon-Wrapped Artichokes (Fondi Di Carciofi)
These fried, bite-sized bacon wraps are so good they’ll be flying off the table!
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 5 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 jars (14 oz. each) Private Selection™ Artichoke Hearts
- 8 slices Private Selection™ Applewood Smoked Bacon, halved crosswise
- 1⁄3 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- Canola oil, for frying
- Pour oil to a depth of 2” in a 6-quart Dutch oven; heat over medium-high heat until a deep-fry thermometer reads 350° F.
- Place each artichoke heart on one end of a bacon slice, sprinkle with some of the Parmesan and pepper, and roll up; secure with a toothpick.
- Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain. Refrigerate any leftovers.