Bacon-Wrapped BBQ Meatballs
Boost your meatball game with bacon, barbecue and a bit of refreshing beer!
Serves: 10Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 pound (85% lean) ground beef
- 1/2 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup Kroger® Traditional Bread Crumbs
- 1/2 cup Private Selection™ Red Lager & Roasted Tomato Craft BBQ Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 12 slices bacon, cut in half (12 oz.)
- Additional Private Selection™ Red Lager & Roasted Tomato Craft BBQ Sauce
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line rimmed baking pan with nonstick foil.
- In medium bowl, combine beef, pork, bread crumbs, ½ cup barbecue sauce, the egg and salt with hands or spoon until combined. Shape into 24 balls, 1½” diameter each.
- Wrap each ball in a slice of bacon; place seam side down on baking sheet. Bake 25 minutes or until bacon begins to crisp; spoon drippings from pan. Brush with additional barbecue sauce. Continue baking 5 minutes longer or until thermometer inserted in center reaches 160°F.
- Grilling Directions: Place drip pan under grill rack. Heat grill for indirect heat. Brush grill with vegetable oil. Make meatballs as directed except secure bacon with toothpick. Place meatballs on grill rack over drip pan. Cover and cook over medium indirect heat 20-25 minutes, turning occasionally. Brush with barbecue sauce before removing from heat.