Bacon-Wrapped Butternut Squash
Bacon and butternut squash...it’s a smoky and subtly sweet flavor combo that’s hard to resist!
Serves: 12Prep: 20 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 50 minutes
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, cut into 24 2” cubes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Chili Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 slices Private Selection™ Bacon, cut in half (about 1 lb.)
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line a rimmed baking pan with foil or parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, toss squash cubes with maple syrup. Toss with chili powder and pepper. Wrap half a bacon slice around each cube and secure with a toothpick.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bacon is crispy and squash is tender.