If you want really crispy bacon, you can partially cook the bacon before wrapping the chicken. This will help ensure that the bacon is thoroughly cooked by the time the chicken is.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 individual boneless, skinless chicken breasts (1 lb.)
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 Tbsp. dried chives
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 4 sage leaves
- 4 slices sugar-free bacon
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 4 cups mixed greens
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Cut a pocket into each chicken breast with a small paring knife. Set aside.
- Put cream cheese, pepper jack cheese, chives, salt, and black pepper in a medium bowl and mix until combined.
- Fill each chicken breast with ¼ of cream cheese mixture. Top each breast with a sage leave and wrap with 1 bacon strip. Secure with a toothpick. Place chicken breasts in a baking pan with cherry tomatoes and bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165°F. Turn oven to broil and broil on top rack until bacon is crispy, about 5 minutes.
- Serve chicken with roasted tomatoes and mixed greens.