Bacon-Wrapped Ham with Sweet and Sassy Glaze
You’ll impress your family and guests with this fun, tasty, bacon-weaved ham.
Serves: 12Prep: 10 minutesCook: 3 hoursTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bone-in ham (6-8 lb.)
- 1 1/2 pounds thick-cut bacon
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can (4 oz.) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup sambal oelek hot sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°F. Place cut side of ham face down on a baking pan.
- Place plastic wrap on a plate and weave together the bacon. Flip bacon on top of the ham and secure ends with toothpicks. Add water and cover with aluminum foil. Bake 20 minutes per pound or until it reaches an internal temperature of 145°F.
- When ham is finished baking, remove from oven and increase temperature to 400°F.
- Mix together the brown sugar, pineapple, sambal and pepper in a small bowl and brush the glaze over the bacon. Return the ham to the oven and bake until the pineapple bits are golden brown and the bacon is crisp, 8-10 minutes. Remove toothpicks before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.