This iconic combination of seafood and bacon makes for a fondue party favorite in this recipe.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 18 large raw tiger shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails on
- 6 slices bacon, uncooked
- 4 cups vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 cup cocktail sauce
- Rinse the shrimp in cold water, drain thoroughly, and pat dry.
- Remove any excess fat off the bacon and cut each piece into thirds. Wrap a piece of bacon around the shrimp 2 to 3 times. Continue with the remainder of the shrimp. Place on a serving platter on the table.
- Add oil to the fondue pot, making sure it is not more than half full. Heat the pot on a stove element over medium-high heat. When the oil is hot, move the fondue pot to the table and set up the burner.
- Use dipping forks to spear the shrimp. Cook in the hot oil for about 30 seconds. Serve with cocktail sauce.