Bagel Pizzas with Mushrooms
Bagel pizzas are easy to make and versatile. Add your favorite toppings and make them for lunch, an after school snack, an easy dinner, or an appetizer. If you don’t want to heat the oven, make the pizzas in batches in a toaster oven.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 bagels, split
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 8 oz. mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 jar (8 oz.) pizza sauce
- 1½ cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup chopped basil
- Set oven to broil. Place bagels on a baking sheet cut side facing up. Drizzle each half with ¼ teaspoon olive oil.
- In a medium skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining olive oil. Add mushrooms, salt and pepper; sauté for 5–7 minutes, or until mushrooms are browned and juicy. Drain juice from pan.
- Spread bagel halves with pizza sauce, top with cooked mushrooms, and sprinkle with cheese. Broil 6" from heating element for 2–4 minutes, or until cheese melts and bagels are browned. Top pizzas with basil.