Bagna Cauda Fondue
This classic Italian dish hails from the gastronomically rich Piedmont region, home of white truffles, great wines, and wonderful antipasti. Dip assorted blanched vegetables and chunks of bread in the flavorful fondue.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 oz. anchovies, drained
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled
- 1½ cups butter
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- Place anchovies and garlic in a food processor and pulse until mixture forms a paste.
- Heat butter and oil together in a pan until butter is melted and mixture is hot. Remove from heat and whisk anchovy-garlic paste into the hot oil, stirring until well blended. Add pepper.
- Pour hot mixture into a fondue pot and set over heating source.