Baguette French Toast with Cinnamon
Make a delicious breakfast with a loaf of French bread and a few basic kitchen staples.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 cup lowfat milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 loaf French baguette, cut 1 inch thick
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- In a shallow bowl, using a fork, beat the egg and egg whites until foamy. Add milk, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Beat well. Dip the bread slices into the egg mixture, coating on both sides. Move the bread to a plate and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Spray large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over low heat. Pan fry until golden brown, turning once.
- Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon and sugar, or top with maple syrup. Serve immediately.