Baguette Viennoise au Chocolat (Chocolate Baguette)
Save to My Recipes
This sweet baguette is sold either plain or with chocolate chips.
Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 35 minutes
- ⅔ cup whole milk (reserve 1 Tbsp.)
- 1 packet (1½ Tbsp.) baker’s yeast
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 6 Tbsp. butter, cut in small pieces, at room temperature
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- Take one tablespoon from the milk and put it in a small bowl with the baker’s yeast. Combine well, then cover with a damp cloth. Keep in a warm room for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, place the flour, the sugar, the remaining milk, the beaten eggs, egg yolks, and the salt. Add the baker’s yeast mixture. First combine with a wooden spoon, then knead with your hands until the mixture is evenly textured.
- Place the butter on the dough and knead again. Place the dough in the bowl of a stand mixer and knead for 10 minutes. Add chocolate chips and knead until evenly dispersed. Cover the bowl with a damp cloth, and leave at least one hour at room temperature, in a warm room.
- When the dough has doubled in size, divide the dough in three. Flatten each piece, and roll it into a long baguette. Use a knife to score the loaves. Cover and leave for an hour in a warm room.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Wait for the viennoises to cool, then enjoy them!