Baked Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Muffins
This is a quick and easy batch recipe that can be made on Sunday, placed in the freezer, and eaten for breakfast throughout the week.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup steel cut oats
- ½ cup ground flaxseed
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 large egg
- ½ medium banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 tsp. honey
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, flaxseed, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Add coconut milk, egg, banana, and honey, mixing well. Then fold in apple and walnuts.
- Spoon mixture into muffin tin. Bake 20 minutes.