Baked Apple Slices
Apple pie without the fattening crust. These slices make a delicious dessert served plain or over ice cream, a scrumptious topping for pancakes, even a tasty side for dinner. Talk about versatile!
Serves: 4Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 medium apples, sliced
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Place apples, butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon into a mixing bowl and toss well to coat.
- Transfer to a shallow baking dish and cover tightly with foil. Place dish on middle rack in oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, carefully remove foil, and stir gently to recoat apples with sauce. Serve immediately.