Baked Apples Stuffed with Nuts and Raisins
This is one of the easiest desserts you can make--and your kitchen will smell amazing!
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large apples, such as McIntosh, Rome, or Granny Smith, stems intact
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup chopped dates
- 1 Tbsp. chopped walnuts
- 2 large apples
- 2 tsp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a small baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, cinnamon, dates, and nuts. Set aside.
- Cut the top quarter off each apple and reserve. With a small, sharp knife, remove the centers of each apple and reserve for another use. Place apples in prepared baking dish.
- Spoon brown sugar mixture into the apples and top each with a tablespoon of butter. Pour water into the bottom of the baking dish. Place reserved top portions of apples on top.
- Bake for 25 minutes until the apples are soft.