Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cod filets, cut into chunks
- 2 pike filets, cut into chunks
- ¼ lb. mussels
- 18 black tiger shrimp, deveined
- ½ tsp. saffron
- ½ bottle dry white wine
- 1 cup water
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- ½ sprig rosemary
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Place all the vegetables with the olive oil in a large heavy-bottomed pot. Then put the cut pieces of fish and shellfish on top of the vegetables. Sprinkle in the saffron, add white wine, water, thyme and rosemary.
- Place pot in the oven for 45 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.