Baked Breadcrumb-Crusted Halibut with Lemon
Mildly flavored fish such as catfish, cod, halibut, orange roughy, rockfish, and snapper benefit from the distinctive flavor of lemon. Adding slices of lemon under the fish allows the flavor to infuse into fish.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 large lemons
- 1⁄4 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1 1⁄2 lbs. halibut fillets
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground white pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Cut 1 lemon into thin slices. Grate 1 tablespoon of zest from the second lemon, then juice it.
- Combine zest and bread crumbs in small bowl; stir to mix. Set aside.
- Put lemon juice in shallow dish; arrange lemon slices in bottom of baking dish treated with nonstick spray. Dip fish pieces in lemon juice; set on lemon slices in baking dish.
- Sprinkle bread crumb mixture evenly over fish pieces along with salt and pepper; bake until crumbs are lightly browned and fish is just opaque, 10 to 15 minutes. (Baking time will depend on thickness of fish.) Serve immediately.