Baked Brie With Pecans and Apricot Preserves
Make your Valentine’s Day meal more special with some gourmet eats from your own kitchen, like this decadent Baked Brie With Pecans and Apricot Preserves!
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces Brie cheese
- 1⁄4 cup apricot preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- Remove puff pastry from freezer and allow to thaw for about 15 minutes. Preheat oven to 375°F.
- While pastry is thawing, melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Stir in pecans and cook until golden brown and fragrant, approximately 5 minutes. Add the cinnamon and stir until just combined.
- Unfold the partially-thawed pastry and place the Brie in the center. Top with apricot preserves and toasted pecans.
- Bring up one side of the dough at a time, pressing around the Brie and folding over the top. Repeat with remaining dough, overlapping the edges so no Brie or preserves are exposed. Brush the beaten egg over the top and sides of the pastry. Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes until pastry is golden brown.
- Serve immediately with fruit, crackers and/or toasted sourdough. Refrigerate any leftovers in an airtight container.