Baked Cauliflower Casserole
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 head (1 3⁄4 lbs.) cauliflower
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄8 tsp. mustard powder
- Spectrum Naturals Canola Spray Oil with Butter Flavor
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 tsp. ground chili powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed dried oregano
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed dried thyme
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed dried coriander
- 1⁄4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Trim off the outer leaves of the cauliflower. Break the cauliflower apart. Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Add the lemon juice and mustard powder; stir to mix. Add the cauliflower to the water and blanch for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain.
- Treat a ovenproof casserole dish with the spray oil. Spread the cauliflower evenly in the casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, mix together the eggs, chili powder, pepper, oregano, thyme, coriander, garlic powder, and cheese. Evenly pour the mixture over the top of the cauliflower. Sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top and lightly mist with the spray oil. Cover and bake for 15 minutes or until the eggs are set and the cheese is melted.