Baked Challah French Toast
Wake up to honey-infused French toast. This easy-to-make breakfast or brunch is a great way to use day-old challah.
Serves: 10Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1 day-old challah (about 20 oz.), cut into 1” slices
- 4 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half or milk
- 1 teaspoon Kroger® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, if desired
- Applesauce or maple syrup, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Place butter on 15”x10” jelly roll pan. Heat in oven 3-4 minutes until butter melts. Remove from oven; stir in honey. Spread honey mixture evenly on bottom of pan. Place bread slices in single layer over honey mixture, cutting to fit bread, if necessary.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, vanilla and cinnamon until blended. Carefully pour egg mixture evenly over bread. Let stand 5 minutes or until most of the egg mixture has soaked into bread.
- Bake uncovered 15-18 minutes; turn slices over. Continue baking 15-18 minutes longer or until edges beginning to brown.
- Serve with applesauce or maple syrup.