Baked Cheese and Olive Rolls
These taste amazing warm out of the oven and make a great appetizer or accompaniment to a big bowl of pasta.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese
- 1 1⁄2 cups mascarpone
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fontina cheese
- 12 oz. whole grain bread dough
- 1 cup pitted green olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a baking sheet with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Mix together all the cheeses thoroughly.
- Roll out the dough to 1⁄2 inch thickness in a large rectangle. Paint the top of the dough with the remaining oil. Spread the cheese and olives on top of the oiled dough. Carefully roll up the dough like a jellyroll and cut the log into slices.
- Place the rolled dough on the prepared baking sheet. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown.