Baked Chicken Legs with Potatoes
This is so simple—an everyday baked chicken that requires no fuss or hassle.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 6 chicken leg and thigh quarters (6 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1½ Tbsp. onion powder
- 1½ tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, sliced in wedges
- Preheat oven to 400ºF. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Coat the bottom of a large roasting pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Coat chicken pieces lightly with another tablespoon olive oil. Cover chicken evenly with paprika, onion powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Place chicken pieces skin-side up inside the pan.
- Toss potatoes with remaining ½ tsp. salt and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Spread on a large baking sheet.
- Bake chicken at 400ºF for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350ºF and add potatoes to the oven. Cook chicken and potatoes for 15 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken thighs should be 185ºF.
- Serve chicken hot with potato wedges.