Baked Chicken Legs with Potatoes
This is so simple—an everyday baked chicken that requires no fuss or hassle.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 6 chicken leg and thigh quarters (6 oz. each)
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil, divided
- 2 Tbsp. paprika
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 tsp. salt, divided
- 1 lb. Yukon gold potatoes, sliced in wedges
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Rinse and pat dry chicken. Coat the bottom of a large roasting pan with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Coat chicken pieces lightly with another tablespoon olive oil. Cover chicken evenly with paprika, onion powder, and 1 teaspoon salt. Place chicken pieces skin-side up inside the pan.
- Toss potatoes with remaining 1⁄2 tsp. salt and remaining tablespoon olive oil. Spread on a large baking sheet.
- Bake chicken at 400°F for 30 minutes. Lower the temperature to 350°F and add potatoes to the oven. Cook chicken and potatoes for 15 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken thighs should be 185°F.
- Serve chicken hot with potato wedges.