Baked Chocolate Doughnuts
One of the things you might miss most when on a gluten-free diet is doughnuts. These quick doughnuts are baked, making them a (slightly) healthier option. Make these mini by baking them in a mini doughnut pan for cute treats kids will love!
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutes
- ½ cup brown rice flour
- ¼ cup sorghum flour
- 2 Tbsp. potato starch
- 1 Tbsp. tapioca starch
- ½ tsp. xanthan gum
- 2 Tbsp. dry gluten-free instant chocolate pudding mix
- 5 Tbsp. cocoa powder, divided
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. whole milk, divided
- ½ tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Lightly grease a doughnut pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown rice flour, sorghum flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, pudding mix, 3 tablespoons cocoa powder, granulated sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- In a smaller bowl, whisk together eggs, oil, ¼ cup milk, and vinegar.
- Pour the egg mixture into the flour mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Spoon mixture into prepared doughnut pan. Bake for 10–12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the thickest part of the doughnut comes out clean.
- Let doughnuts sit for 5 minutes before turning them out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
- Stir together confectioners’ sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, butter, and remaining milk. Drizzle icing over the top of each doughnut.