Baked Coconut Chicken with Pan Gravy
Blackening spice combined with a sweet coconut crust creates an amazing mix of flavors. Add to that a luscious pan gravy, and this is a meal everyone will be raving about.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup plus 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 Tbsp. blackening spice
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups sweetened coconut
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each)
- 2⁄3 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9-by-12-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place 1⁄2 cup flour in a pie pan and mix in blackening spice. Whisk eggs together in a shallow bowl. Place coconut in a separate shallow bowl. Dredge chicken in flour, then egg, and, finally, coconut. Place coated chicken in prepared pan.
- Bake chicken for 25 minutes or until an internal meat thermometer registers 165°F. Reserve to a plate, and tent with foil to keep warm.
- Heat baking pan with pan juices over medium heat on stovetop. Stir in remaining flour and whisk until slightly browned, about 30 seconds. Add broth and parsley and whisk until thickened, about 3 minutes.
- Serve sauce over chicken.