Baked Coconut Shrimp
This sweet, crunchy dish is a tropical treat. The whole family will love coconut shrimp!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ⅓ cup almond flour
- ½ tsp. ground red pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. raw honey
- ⅓ cup egg whites
- ¾ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1½ lbs. extra-large shrimp, shelled and cleaned with tails remaining
- Preheat oven to 425°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, combine almond flour, pepper, and salt. In a separate bowl, mix lime juice and honey and stir. Continuously stirring, add egg whites to lime-honey mixture.
- Place coconut in a thin layer on a flat dish. Dip each shrimp first into the almond-flour mixture, then in the egg-white mixture, and then roll in coconut.
- Place on baking sheet. Bake 10–15 minutes or until coconut appears lightly toasted.