Baked Cornflake-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Pull the cornflakes out of the pantry and try them with chicken. You’ll definitely be a superhero in your house! If your kids don’t care for mustard, you can also serve these with ketchup.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups gluten-free cornflakes
- ½ cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- ½ tsp. salt, divided
- ¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp. milk
- 1 ½ lbs. boneless, skinless chicken tenders
- ¼ cup plus 1 Tbsp. whole-grain mustard
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup rice wine vinegar
- 1½ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tbsp. oil
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place cornflakes in a zip-top plastic bag, close bag, and use a rolling pin to roll over and crush flakes. Set aside.
- In a shallow dish, combine flour with a ¼ teaspoon salt, pepper, and paprika.
- In another shallow dish, whisk together eggs and milk.
- In a third shallow dish, combine cornflakes and remaining ¼ teaspoon salt.
- Set up your bowls from left to right with flour, eggs, and then cornflakes. Dredge chicken in flour, then dip in egg, tapping off any excess and then firmly pressing both sides of chicken into cornflake mixture. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake 12–15 minutes or until golden brown and cooked through. Flip tenders about halfway through baking.
- Meanwhile, for dipping sauce, place mustard, maple syrup, vinegar, and salt in a blender. Pulse to combine, then with motor running, add in oil slowly. Place sauce in a small bowl. Serve with tenders.