Baked Crisp Parmesan Chicken
You can double or triple this easy recipe to feed more people. Just make sure there’s a bit of space between each chicken breast on the rack.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 8 hours 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (4 oz. each)
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 tsp. dried marjoram leaves
- 1 cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup mustard
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ⅓ cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish and sprinkle on both sides with salt, pepper, paprika, and marjoram. In small bowl, combine buttermilk and mustard; pour over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place a rack in a large, shallow roasting pan. Combine cheese, bread crumbs, and melted butter on a plate. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess. Dip into cheese mixture to coat.
- Place chicken on rack. Bake for 30–35 minutes or until meat thermometer registers 165°F. Remove chicken from oven and let stand for 5 minutes, then serve immediately.