Baked Daikon, Turnip, and Rutabaga with Almond Kuzu Sauce
Substitute various nut and seed butters for a different sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 50 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 medium rutabaga, peeled and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 medium daikon, sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 cup onion, peeled and sliced
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. kuzu
- 1 tsp. shoyu
- 1 tsp. sweet white miso
- 2 tsp. almond butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring a pot of water to boil. Blanch rutabaga 7 minutes. Remove and layer on bottom of glass baking dish. Blanch turnip 5 minutes. Remove turnip and layer on top of rutabaga. Blanch daikon 5 minutes. Remove and layer on top of turnip.
- Sauté onion in oil until translucent. Dissolve kuzu in 1 cup water. Add shoyu, miso, and almond butter to kuzu water mixture. Add kuzu mixture to onions. Raise heat to high and stir until thickened.
- Pour kuzu sauce over vegetables. Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes.