Baked Eggs in a Cup
Baked in bread “cups,” these flavorful eggs are perfect for the morning commute or a midday picnic.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons Simple Truth Organic™ Italian Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 cup Simple Truth Organic™ Grape Tomatoes, halved
- 4 Flat Out Fold-It Bread (or substitute regular Flat Out)
- Simple Truth™ Cage Free Large Brown Eggs Grade A
- 1⁄2 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place rack in center.
- In a large skillet, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, then stir in cumin, red pepper flakes, paprika, salt, onions and garlic. Cook for 2 minutes until onions soften. Stir in tomatoes and cook for additional 2 to 3 minutes until tomatoes are soft and set aside.
- Spray large muffin tins with cooking spray. Take flat bread halves and tuck them in. If needed, crisscross bread into a shell so there is coverage across the bottom to prevent egg and filling from spilling out.
- Divide tomato filling into each bread cup. Crack a single egg into each bread cup to prevent cup overfilling. Pierce yolk and stir slightly so it doesn’t dry out while baking.
- Carefully place in center rack of oven and bake for 15 minutes until whites have set and are opaque. Garnish with parsley.