Baked Eggs in Marinara
Swiss chard, embellished marinara and eggs are an unlikely but delicious trio in this simple and satisfying meal.
Serves: 3Prep: 15 minutesCook: 15 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 bunch Swiss chard, washed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- 6-inch water
- 6 eggs
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup parsley, chopped (optional)
- Cut stems off chard; roughly chop leaves. Cut stems into ½” dice.
- In 10” skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Cook chard stems until soft, 2 minutes. Add leaves; cook until beginning to wilt, 2 minutes.
- Stir in red pepper flakes, marinara and water. Bring to boil; reduce to simmer.
- In small bowl, crack egg. Using spoon, make well in sauce; slide egg into sauce. Repeat with remaining eggs. Cover; simmer until whites are set but yolks are still runny, 4-8 minutes.
- Sprinkle top of each egg with salt and pepper. Garnish with parsley, if desired.