Baked Fish Tacos
Fish tacos, a staple in California, are making their way to restaurants and homes across the country.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup plain yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. jalapeño pepper, minced
- 2 tsp. fresh cilantro, minced
- 2 cups packaged coleslaw mix
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. canola oil
- 1 lb. tilapia fillets
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (6 inches)
- In medium bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, yogurt, onion, jalapeño, and cilantro. Stir in shredded cabbage; chill.
- In separate bowl, combine lime juice, garlic, and canola oil to make a marinade for fish. Pour over fish; cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Place fish on aluminum-lined grill (spray aluminum with cooking spray); cook 6 to 7 minutes on each side, until fish is tender and beginning to flake.
- While fish is cooking, loosely wrap whole-wheat tortilla in large piece of aluminum foil to heat.
- To assemble tacos, cut fish into strips; divide into 4 portions. Place strips in center of each heated tortilla. Top with coleslaw mixture. Add fresh ground pepper, if desired.