Baked Garlic Tomatoes
This is a great stuffed vegetable for a dinner party.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 8 tomatoes, tops cut off and chopped, insides hollowed out, with pulp retained
- ½ bunch flat-leaf parsley, stems discarded, leaves chopped
- 2 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- ¼ cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 20 basil leaves, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium-size bowl, mix the tomato tops and pulp with all of the remaining ingredients. Stuff the tomatoes with this mixture.
- Place the tomatoes in a baking dish and cook for about 45 minutes or until the tomatoes are soft and the tops are golden brown. Allow to cool for about 5 minutes before serving.